Guest house Restaurant Rosengarten
Located in Neuruppin and with Kulturhaus Stadtgarten reachable within less than 1 km, Restaurant Rosengarten provides a tour desk, allergy-free rooms, a restaurant, free WiFi throughout the property and a terrace. Featuring luggage storage space, this property also provides guests with a children's playground. Private parking can be arranged at an extra charge. At the guest house, each room comes with a desk, a flat-screen TV, a private bathroom, bed linen and towels. Guest rooms include a wardrobe. A continental breakfast is available daily at Restaurant Rosengarten. The nearest airport is Berlin Brandenburg Airport, 103 km from the accommodation.
Book a room
What to see in Neuruppin
Neurupin (New Rupin) is a German city, capital of the district of Ostprignitz-Rupin, federated state of Brandeburg. Since in 1993 he was incorporated the city of Alt Ruppin (old ruper) and thirteen villas, has an area of 303.32 km², being one of the largest cities in all over Germany.
During the stone age passing to the Bronze Age, the area was a Germanic and then Slavic settlement. During the Wendos Crusade of 1147, this territory was conquered by German leaders, including Alberto "El Oso". In 1214 a strength was built on the ruins of the Eslavic settlement. To the north of the fortress a market was built and the church of San Nicolás, these being the beginnings of the city of Alt Rupin. At the beginning of the thirteenth century, southwest of the fortress, the settlement of Neurupin began, creating a market and building another church, also called from San Nicolás.
Neurppin was a city planned by the Count of Lindow-Ruppin that resided in Alt Rupin. The first mention in documents dates from 1238. The expansion of the original Alt Rupin settlement until the Neurupin was included occurred around 1246, when a Dominican monastery was built, the first of this order between the Elba River and the ODER. Before finishing the century, a wall had already been raised to protect the city. During the Middle Ages Neuruppin was one of the largest cities in northern Germany. It had a dimension of about 700 x 700 meters. From this era, parts of the wall are preserved.